- 10 pods ladies fingers(okra), sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or cornmeal (preferably use 3/4 cup cornmeal and 1/4 cup flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, soak ladies fingers in egg for 5 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Carefully place them in hot oil; stir continuously. Reduce heat to medium when okra first starts to brown, and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Look at those beautiful deep fried okras. This one was done using 3/4 cup cornmeal and 1/4 cup plain flour. By Alice from allrecipes.com. These babies are crispy on the outside and when you bite, it's slightly sticky and have a very nice texture. YUM!