Chocolate Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
85g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
115g dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature if possible)
1/2 cup cake flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (Dutch Processed ones if possible, unsweetened only!)
1/8 teaspoon salt (or a pinch)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Can't really find in Brunei anymore, so I used Galliano, vanilla liqueur)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or dark chocolate cut into very small chunks)
200g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 tablespoons (75g) caster sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (Galliano)
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180C).
2) Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
3) Beat in the 2/3 cup (130g) sugar, then the eggs.
4) Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
5) In a separate bowl, prepare the cream cheese fillin. Beat together the cream cheese, the yolk, 5 tablespoons (75g) of sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
6) Distribute the cream cheese filling mixture on the brownie mixture, and use a blunt knife to swirl, combining them - like a marbling effect.
7) Bake for 35 minutes or until centre of the cake is set.
I love these silicon bakeware! Great investment I tell ya! Wipe some butter though for easier release.
Adding chocolate chunks to the brownie batter
Pour batter into silicon moulds~
Prepare the cream cheese filling
Technically, supposed to drop the creamcheese fillings in 5-6 big spoonfuls spreaded around evenly but I was lazy so I just dump the whole thing at the centre. Use a butter knife or spoon to swirl the mixture.
Tadaa! The wonders of silicon bakeware! Easy Release!