Health Benefits of Mango :
- Mangoes contain phenols, this phenolic compound have powerful antioxidant and anticancer abilities.
- Mango is high in iron, pregnant women and people with anemia are advised to eat this fruit regularly.
- Mango is effective in relieving clogged pores of the skin.
- It is also valuable to combat acidity and poor digestion.
- Mango is high in antioxidant and low in carbohydrates.
- Mango is a rich source of vitamin A(beta-carotene), E and Selenium which help to protect against heart disease and other ailments.
guacamole for your tasty chips.
You can make a simple syrup by blending slices of mango with a tablespoon or two of honey. Drizzle on pancakes or on blended ice, topped with freshly sliced mangos and red bean on top...yum...
It is also very good for making sauces for your grilled chicken, fish and pork. I will put in two sauces using mango.
First up is the Thai style mango sauce served on a nice piece of grilled chicken breast.
What you'll need
* One over-ripe mango, cubed (softer and sweeter)
* One small chilli
* 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
* one teaspoon of ginger
* Juice of half a lemon
* Juice of one lime(kasturi)
* One teaspoon of honey
* One tablespoon of fish sauce
* Some chopped coriander
Simply put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds. Then pour it over your grilled chicken breast.
Now many of my friends are fans of tomato ketchup. But once you try this mango ketchup - you probably won't go back anymore. Mango ketchup's awesome!
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
3 green onions, green parts only, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. chopped coriander
1 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
meat from 1 ripe mango, cubed
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Tobasco sauce (vary according to how hot you like your sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Place a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and let it get hot - about 1 minute.
2. Add the onion, green onions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring regularly, until the onion begins to soften - about 3 minutes.
3. Add the cori, garlic, and mango and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add the lemon juice, tobasco sauce, and salt and stir to combine.
5. Let the mixture cool slightly, then transfer to the bowl of a blender and pulse until just pureed, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if necessary to facilitate blending. (here I just use my trusty stick blender - very useful tool)
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
Use like normal ketchup!