Ingredients for marinade:
500g chicken breasts, cut into strips.
4 tsp wasabi powder (trust me, it may seem a lot but you won't feel that much kick, you can add more if you love the taste of wasabi)
salt and pepper for seasoning
1 tsp white sugar
Marinate these for around 30 minutes.
Almost done coating all the chicken
While waiting, get ready three different containers for flour, eggs and polenta(cornmeal). On one bowl, fill it with corn flour, one bowl with 2 beaten eggs and one bowl (around 2 and half cups of uncooked polenta) filled with polenta (mixed with 4 teaspoons of wasabi powder)
1) Coat chicken strip on the corn flour then shake off the remove excess flour.
2) Lightly dip in egg mixture
3) Coat on the third bowl of polenta(with wasabi)
4) Put aside on a plate and repeat with the rest of the chicken strips.
5) Deep fry them until slightly golden in colour.
Note: You must fry them in batches so the temperature of the oil won't drop too much. Don't chuck them all in at once. What I did is to deep fry the first batch, and continue coating the rest, while keeping watch on the ones that are being deep fried.
I got someone to help me coat while I deep fry - so it's easier to manage.