- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini (it's good to squeeze out the excess water first)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs (you can use seasoned bread crumbs: recipe here)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM (This is specially to give it a crab cake taste but you can use your own style seasoning. I personally used curry powder with garlic salt and fresh group pepper and some dried parsley)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.