Stir Fry Tofu
Wednesday, April 04, 2007This recipe is originally by Jean Wu and it's not a saucy tofu dish. Kinda like a stir fry and it's nice eaten with rice. You can even use the sauce as a stirfry for veggies or noodles too. A very versatile sauce.
* 1 (450-500 g) package extra firm tofu
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons Chinese black vinegar
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the tofu in half lengthwise down the top. Slice into squares 1/4 inch thick. Stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Heat a little bit of the oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium heat. Brown tofu well on each side, then set aside.
3. After that, heat the remaining oil , add garlic and green onions, and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Stir the tofu in and then pour in sauce and cook until the sauce has been incorporated by the tofu, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.