After posting a recipe for the bread crumbs, I decided to post a recipe that uses it. Here's a recipe for baked potato wedges coated with bread crumbs.
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil to grease baking sheet
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup melted butter (substitute olive oil if health concious!)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with the olive oil.
- Brush potato wedges with butter, and roll in bread crumbs. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, COVERED IN FOIL FIRST! Then remove from oven and turn wedges; cook for 10 to 15 minutes WITHOUT THE FOIL, if you use a fork to poke and its easy to go in - it's done. This step is VERY important, PLEASE for the love of GOD do not leave it in for 40 minutes without turning! Bake 20 minutes, take out and turn, then cook for extra 10-15 minutes. (Some people misunderstood and left it in for the whole 40 minutes while some didn't understand and just bake for 20 minutes! Results in terrible potato wedges!)
Now some can just ignore the breadcrumbs and just leave the skin on. Season with their favourite spice mix and rub with olive oil then bake. This is a different style baked potato and especially for those who love bread crumbs (like me). Yum~!