Oh no! Not another cornflake chicken!
Monday, January 08, 2007Cornflakes and Chicken are a nice combination in Brunei because they are easily available and affordable; B$2.50 for a box of cornflakes and B$6.90 per kilo boneless chicken breasts at Soon Lee (Sorry friends over at UK or Aus! Hahahah but cheese and chicken wings are cheaper over there so don't be too sad) Here's another easy recipe you can pop into the oven.
Cornflake and Vanilla Yogurt Baked Chicken
5-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 500ml container vanilla yogurt (use just enough to completely cover the chicken)
5 cups crushed corn flakes
your own spice mix to season (salt and pepper will be fine)
As usual, preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius before everything else!
1. Take thawed breasts and rub with your own spice mix.
2. Soak chicken in yogurt for 20 minutes.
3. Dip chicken with cornflakes
4. Place on greased cookie sheet - then keep in the fridge to rest for half an hour
5. Bake in 350 oven 1 hour or til juices run clear.