Purple Sweet Potato Cookies with Goji Berries and Chocolate Chips
I am always fascinated by the vibrant purple colours of the purple sweet potatoes. I wondered if it was possible to bake purple sweet potato cookies. To buff up the nutrition of the cookie, I decided to add dried goji berries and cranberries - and for sweetness - dark chocolate chips! Let’s bake some COOKIES!
1 Cup Rice Flour (make sure it's NOT glutinous rice flour)
125g butter (softened in microwave)
1 tbsp Yogurt
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (you can sub gula-melaka or palm sugar if you like)
1 Cup steamed Purple Sweet Potato
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Goji Berries (or mixed dried berries - cranberries and blueberries if you like)
Both Goji berries and Cranberries are loaded with tons of antioxidants
1) Steam the purple sweet potatoes (cut into quarters) until soft and then mash. It will be easier to peel the skins off after steaming them. Alternatively - you can bake them but it's simply up to you.
2) Cream the butter and brown sugar first with a mixer, then add the eggs and yogurt.
3) Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4) Slowly mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
5) Mix in the dried berries and chocolate chips.
6) Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
7) Scoop the cookie batter onto a cookiesheet or oiled baking tray (to avoid sticking)
Look at the cookie dough! Absolutely gorgeous!
8) Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. You can shape them smaller if you prefer crunchier, and slightly bigger if more chewy.
My friend Clarisse helped me snap this beautiful picture of the cookies. Notice they are browned outside but retained some of their purpleness inside! Gorgeous and delicious!