Banana Muffins with Buttery Sugar Crumble~
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Was in a mood for banana muffins and decided to make one with a nice crisp top. This recipe is super easy to make! Your kids will love this, especially the crisp sugary top!
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 bananas, mashed
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup butter, melted (I used canola oil for health)
* 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (add more if ya want)
For the crumbly sugar crust
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
* 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder cinnamon and vanilla and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon + vanilla . Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
The Banana Muffin Batter
Scoop onto muffin pans or muffin cups~
The Buttery Crumbly Topping
Spread on top of your muffin batter, it's easier to use your hands to pat it evenly
Hmm.. Fresh Banana Muffins