Fusion: Szechuan Guacamole
Wednesday, November 21, 2007Remember the old post about how to make awesome guacamole? Now here's a recipe I recently found that has a blend of Chinese influence in the guacamole. This would work very well with chips or our Asian prawn crackers/shrimp chips!
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan hot bean sauce or Oriental chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
Preparation:Place peeled avocado on a rimmed plate with garlic, ginger, five-spice powder, hot bean sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and coriander.
Coarsely mash avocado with a fork or potato masher, incorporating seasonings.
Add salt to taste. Stir in the tomato and chopped red onion.
Serve with keropok or shrimp chips.