Mango Ice Cream
- 2 (375ml) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1.2 litre cream
- 300ml milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500g or 3 cups chopped fresh mangoes
DIRECTIONS1) If you got an ice cream maker, just combine the liquids together first then chill them in the fridge for a few hours. After that pour your chilled liquid mixture into the ice cream maker and slowly add the chopped mangoes in.
2) If you don't have an ice cream maker, no sweat, first mix all the ingredients(except chopped mangoes) and pour them into a container. Freeze for 3 hrs in the freezer, take out and mash them. Freeze for another 3 hours and then take out and mash them again.
3) After 3 hrs again, take the mixture out and this time, add in the chopped mangoes. Don't overstir at this stage. Freeze overnight. Before serving your guests, take out your ice cream 5-10 minutes in advance. Simple home made mango ice cream.
Note: Sometimes mangoes in Brunei can be really sweet, if you don't have a sweet tooth, put in only one can of sweetened condense milk and replace it with 200ml of cream.
Note: This is not your Dryers, Swensons or Haagan Daaz quality ice cream but it will beat commercially made ice cream from the supermarket since this is home made. Have fun :)